March 24, 2012

a heart felt post

It's been a while since I've really written. But as I lay in bed on this beautiful Saturday morning, the Lord is urges me to write what's been on my heart.

While we were in Nica, the Lord showed me so much of His Faithfulness. Not only in the eyes of the children there, but in the eyes of the people with me on the trip. The Auburn people I was with showed such dedicated to their work and what they wanted to do while they were there. It was so cool the way God constantly showed me He was there... for example, one day I was reading Philippians 1:6 and then in our group meeting, someone wanted to talk about Philippians 1:6. That happened on so many occasions! Just feeling the Lord's presence everywhere, it's the coolest feeling.

All my feelings of inadequacy disappeared, for a moment in time. I struggle with being good enough or being "deep" enough. And that was hard, especially in Nica when you are surrounded with such solid people who know such much more than you do about the Word. But it's not about knowledge... yes, that is important, but it is about having a relationship with the Creator of the world!! AND the fact that He wants to have a relationship with me! What more could I want? That alone makes me feel like the happiest girl in the world.


Have a Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment