April 1, 2012

Ephesians 2

In my bible study, we just started studying Ephesians. And this week, we are studying chapter 2. As I have been going over it, verse 14 stands out:
"For he himself is our peace, who has made the two ONE and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility..."
I love the wording that the NIV uses. He himself is our peace. He is my peace when things are crazy. He brings inner peace, one you cannot get from earthly things. Jesus has destroyed the barrier and the dividing wall of hostility. Peace is what he offers us, who would not want it? I am thankful for the constant peace that Christ does give me.

This week has been tough, not gonna lie. I feel lots of pressure from different sides to get stuff done, do good in school, constantly be social, and always be on top of things. It's hard. I have not been diligent in the Word and I know that's something I need to work on. I have had a hard time hearing and feeling the Lord. But yesterday, I HEARD HIM. I have been stressed about classes and making sure that I graduate on time. While attempting to get an extra minor, I have 15 more hours to take. Physically, I do not have enough time for 15 extra hours, I only have room for 12. So yesterday, I went to my advisor to see if I could double count a class that I am currently in. And guess what? IT DOES! The class I am in now will be able to count for my major AND my minor. How cool is that?! That is totally the Lord... He is just looking at me and saying, "Elle, stop worrying, I got this." What a peace He gives if you just wait to receive it. He can calm the anxious heart if You just let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment